top of page



As with all candles, the first burn is the most important. To begin, candles should burn one hour for every 1 inch in diameter of the actual candle size. Therefore the candle should burn a minimum of 1 hour to liquefy the entire top layer of wax. If the wax is not allowed to liquefy or to melt from edge to edge of the tin or marble jar, it will create a “memory ring,” especially if this is the first time the candle is lit. Once a candle has this “memory ring,” it will continue to tunnel and to burn that way for the life of the candle.



We recommend trimming your wick before every lighting. The wick only needs to be approximately 1/4 inch in length, keeping it this length will avoid mushrooming which can result in unnecessary soot. This also controls the size of the flame allowing you to get the most time out of your candle.


Candles should not be burned for more than four hours at a time.

It is recommended that after burning for four hours, candles be extinguished, allowed to cool for two hours, and trimmed before relighting.


Keep them away from external sources of heat, as this can melt the hard outer shell of wax and cause dips for the inner core to spill out of.


Keep then away from curtains, pets and children.


It’s best not to burn the last 5mm of wax as this can get very hot and risks damaging the container. Let the last 5mm of wax harden, break it up by cracking it with a spoon and tip it out. As soy wax is biodegradable, you can dispose of it safely and then reuse the container.


Soy wax can be cleaned from surfaces with hot soap and water, but remember although it is bio-degradable, it is still wax!  Avoid pouring down your drains. 

Soy wax tends to have a 'rustic' look after the melt pool has cooled.  This is due to the natural makeup of the wax and in no way affects the way your candle will burn.

bottom of page